Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Begins!

Aaaahhh the New Year is here with a fresh start! A time for new starts, new opportunities and new goals! So, just like Whitney (if you’ve seen her blog yet) I do one word mottos each year as a theme for the year. 2011’s motto I changed a few times but I think I have it perfect this time. This year’s theme is

Create!

 

With so many adventures (like college!) ahead for 2011, I have a lot of things I need to learn how to do, and I really want to focus on creating more. Creating tangible items (like being able to cook, sew exc.), helping to create more opportunities for service, creating more meaningful music, and creating my own unique ideas to help others as well as myself.

I’m so excited for this year and for all the wonderful events that I will be able to experience.

Also, to kick off the New Year, I redecorated my room! My mom found this AMAZING black and white bed spread that I fell in love with, and I’m adding pink accents to the room to give it some color. Here’s what it looks like so far.

December 2010 065

I’m still using the same pictures but switched them to black frames (I looove black and pink!)

December 2010 066

This is a close-up of my new bedspread. Isn’t the pattern cute?

December 2010 067

I love my new room! With that, have a fabulous 2011!!!

<3,

Chelsey

 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new bedspread. Surprise surprise, Whitney surprise. You never would have guessed, but I have a thing for black and white. Also, thank you so much for adding our adoption blog button! I love you SOOOOOOOOOO much! Happy 2011!

    crap.
    this is Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! So cute! What did you do with your old one? Where did you get your old one...I have been looking for one like it FOREVER and haven't found it yet. Our bedroom needs some serious makeover help.

    ReplyDelete