Friday, August 12, 2011

Everything Will be Okay

Hi blog :) To be honest about something, I have been so worried lately. I am suddenly scared of everything! I’m scared to be with people, scared to be alone, scared for college, scared for my parents who will still be at home.

From all this fear though, I have really started searching. In my searching I found the devotional “Cast not away therefore your confidence” by Jeffery R. Holland. He talks about how during moments before major decisions and changes in life, we will be tempted to be scared. That during these vital moments, Satan will magnify the fears we have. He then continues to say that we need not fear-- That faith can always replace fear and that though we always need to be careful with big decisions, we do not need to be afraid. We will be okay. With faith, we will be blessed.

This devotional really is so amazing, and if you want to read it, here’s a link. Elder Holland is so exactly right about this. There is no reason to fear. The Lord is with us through all things. Of course life will be hard, and we will want to cry and we will be in the minority, but we will be okay. Good always prevails over evil. This brings so much peace and clarity to my life. I will be okay. The Lord is watching over me. We are in a war that we already know we will win. I am so grateful that I have this knowledge.

Love,

Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment