Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hello Again!

Wow, it’s been far too long since I have written a post here! I hope everyone is still doing well :)    

This last week has been so ridiculous! With a mix of meetings, band rehearsals, concerts, and midterms to study for, life has been a tad overwhelming!

Thursday night was the best night of the week by far though! Once a semester each band gets the opportunity to perform their very own concert, and Thursday night was the night for Symphonic Band! Our ‘big’ piece for the concert was a 5 movement piece called “Of Sailors and Whales” with each movement composed to describe one of the characters of “Moby Dick.” It was awesome! We had a professional narrator and everything. The other pieces went so well too and it was just so much fun to perform again! With how much I practice now, it makes performing so exhilarating.

Last night I went to the Men’s and Women’s Chorus concert, which was so fantastic! They were so entertaining to watch, and their concert was sold out! Wow!

Tonight I am going to the Wind Symphony concert, which I am so pumped for! So much music all in one weekend! Oh, another exciting tid bit! For my Psychology of Performance class, 5 people were selected to perform a solo in the De Jong Concert hall, and I was one of the 5! I’ll only be performing for my class, so it will be a little audience, but I am soooo excited to play a solo in that HUGE concert hall! Aaaaa it’s a dream come true! Can’t wait!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Love,

Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment