Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that everyone had a good time with their family. Today was such an interesting experience. Since Whitney and Spencer won’t get to California till the 29th, we are waiting to celebrate Christmas with them. Still, to celebrate Christmas today, with no presents and pictures was still a great day. Today I was able to focus on Christ. I was able to go to church, hear songs of praise to Him, come home and focus on Him. The celebration of His birth.

It really should be like this every year. Before the commercialization of Christmas, it was simply about Christ. About being with family, and celebrating all the blessings we have received. Today I was really able to feel that focus. I liked it :) 

That’s not to go without saying though that I am still pretty excited to open presents later this week.

Also, it seems weather everywhere feels like this:

I pray for just a few days of California sunshine

I hope you all are still doing well! You are in my prayers.

Love,

Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment